Thursday, October 27, 2011

Alyssa's First Email

Hello everyone. I made it to England safe and sound. I loved all the words of advice, encouragement, and support in my cute little note book. My preparation day is next Tuesday so I will e-mail you again then. I can't believe that I am actually here in England. As i look out this huge window that is right next to me it is lush and green and mystical looking. Awww i love it already. I didn't know this until today but i almost didn't have a companion. How crazy is that?! My companion is Sister Chambers, the girl we met at the airport. She wasn't supposed to even leave for her mission until December but 2 weeks ago they changed it on her. The one thing that was stopping her from coming at the earlier time was that she didn't get her visa yet, which is a huge deal! Everyone at the MTC was praying for something to work out so i could have a companion. The greatest thing happened. Sister Chambers got her visa the day before we all were to leave. It was a miracle! Wow is the Lord looking out for us! I love you guys and hope you are doing well. oh and i am supposed to ask for you to look for an invitation to a Picasa Web Album- and let me know if you've received it. You guys are great. I hope this e-mail is a little better than a post card getting sent saying i made it ok. well until we chat again.... pip pip cherrio
Love Sister Alyssa Longmore

2 comments:

  1. oh I am so glad she made it safe! We love her and we will be sending her some pictures from the kids very soon!! I already miss her, but am so proud of her! she is an amazing girl and will be an amazing missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her mission sounds amazing already! Thanks for posting her email. I love reading missionary emails. My nephew is in Chile, and his mom sends all of his emails to family and friends. It's very inspiring. Hope you're doing ok with your baby so far away. But she couldn't be in a better place!
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete