
11:10 this morning Alyssa--I mean Sister Longmore boarded the plane to Atlanta Georgia and then on to Manchester England. I was prepared for all sorts of water works, but when we arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport Alyssa quickly met up with another sister missionary going to the same MTC in Preston, England. It is so nice not to feel alone. I was so happy that she wouldn't have to figure things out all by herself--not that she couldn't, but, well, you moms know what I mean. I don't think the impact of the fact that she will be gone for 18 months has fully hit me, but I'm sure it will!
Hi, I found this blog when I googled the England Manchester mission online. My little brother is about to head to that same mission in a week and a half! He's been called Mandarin-speaking, and he is really excited/nervous. I wondered if you would have any advice for a boy leaving from Utah to Manchester, especially since y'all have someone out there now. My brother has all the basics (you know, all the things they mention in the mission call packet), but I wondered if you had any advice for other things Sister Longmore wished she had brought with her from the U.S.? We're from Utah, and we've heard the winters are pretty cold in Manchester. Did she take snowboots, etc. with her? I hope she is enjoying her mission! And any advice -- general or specific -- would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!!!
ReplyDelete