Monday, November 28, 2011

Post Turkey Day

Let me preface Alyssa email this week by saying she was able to have Thanksgiving Dinner with some members in her ward that are from the U.S. (she emails Taylor and Cassie and let's them know some fun details of her mission life) As a mother that warmed my heart--Thanks for feeding my missionary! Also I got a facebook message yesterday from a woman Alyssa met on the airplane on her way over to England. Anyway, she let me know that yesterday at church she discovered that Alyssa and her companion are assigned to her ward! Alyssa and her companion gave the lesson in Relief Society. They will be serving in Sister Fry's ward for about a month. Again a comforting thought that Sister Fry is an extra set of "mama eyes" for my daughter.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Oh PS i have p-day on mondays now except for on the week of transfers which won't happen for about a month. As for all my electrical things i am fine. I got a flat iron for over here that works great. And so i'm set. Thank you guys for getting a camera and for checking it out. I trust your judgement, especially you Taylor:) I did just send you a letter and some pictures today so hopefully you will get those soon. I haven't gotten the package yet but i am sure i will get it soon. As far as the mission goes. I am finally starting to LOVE it. It took a good week to get used to everything but now I am just soaking up every minute of the mission life. I am learning so much and feeling the spirit so strong. I am realizing how important the simple fundamental things of the gospel are. And not just doing them, but doing them with a sincere heart and with real intent. Moroni 10:3-5. We share this scripture a lot when introducing the Book of Mormon, but it applys to everyone. The scriptures are coming alive, well at least today they were. Every morning we have an hour of personal study and I fall asleep everyday during it:( I have tried so hard to stay awake. I have done things like standing up, opening up a window so it's cold, praying but nothing was working until today. It was the first day I stayed awake the whole hour. YAY!!!! I don't know what made the difference but I am happy it finally happened. I hope everyone is doing well at home. Always remember to turn to the Lord with whatever your dealing with because HE WILL HELP! I love you all.
Love Sister Alyssa Longmore

No comments:

Post a Comment