Dear President Preston,
Once again we have had a good week. We were able to do our 4 hours of service. One was spent with a less active member that is vision impaired. We were helping her organize her wardrobe. Later on in the week we did some gardening for a member that unfortunately, do to age, is not able to do her gardening. The grass was up to our knees and we only managed to finish half of it but we plan on going back to do the rest. We then had a miracle happen to us regarding service. A goal we had set in the previous weekly planning session was to pray for opportunities to serve because we were struggling to fill our 4 hours during the week. Our prayers were answered. We received a phone call half way through the week from a former investigator that said he needed some help with some gardening as well. He had a heart attack a little while ago and can’t manage to do his gardening on his own. I am so happy that he felt comfortable enough to call upon us to help him. It was a moment like one in the 1 hour Restoration DVD where the Saints were giving a woman some service and she said, “I do not agree with your religion, but I do appreciate what you’ve done.” Joseph Smith said in response, “Some might say this is our religion.” I love this response because that is how we truly show our beliefs; through our actions.
President I have really enjoyed serving with Sister Mauch. She has opened up to me a lot and I know she is going through a hard time right now but I am at least happy she feels comfortable enough with me to share her feelings. It took a while to get to this point but I am glad that she trusts me. I truly love her so much. She has a kind heart and really sees the good intentions in everyone. I know it is sometimes difficult for her to get out and go to work but she does it anyway with very little complaining. I feel we are doing really great work together. We are both together for a reason and I also know we are here in Kendal at this time for a specific reason as well. I don’t exactly know what the reasons are but we will just continue working hard and I know that things will all work out according to the Lords will.
I love this work. I love the Lord and I know that it is only by relying on Him that we are able to become who we are truly meant to be. I know that the atonement is real and if we allow Him to we can be healed through our Saviour. I know that the gospel has been restored to the earth for the final time before the triumphant return of our Saviour and King. I know that the Book of Mormon is true through studying and praying about it. I have felt the power it has had in my life and want others to feel it to.
Love Alyssa Longmore

No comments:
Post a Comment