Dear President Preston,This week again flew by way too fast. I did however manage to learn a lot about myself, the Lord, and Satan.
About a month ago we met and had the most amazing lesson in the pouring rain with a woman named Rosie. We haven't been able to get a hold of her since then though. We knew which street she lived on but not which number. We also knew where she worked and therefore, tried stopping in a few times but had no luck. Her phone only accepted text messages so we tried that but never received any reply. We came to the conclusion that we should make a covenant with the Lord and promise that we would do all we could to contact her but if we couldn't find her by the month mark of our first meeting we would tract her street and the Lord would allow us to find her if that was his will. Yesterday was the month mark so we headed out to Burnside with the main town road ahead of us to tract.....
Let me rewind a bit to give a little background. In Church the spirit was felt very strongly. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if our investigators would have made it to church. That is always a little disappointing, but we carry on despite our disappointments. After church for some reason I had a flood of memories of home, family, and fun holidays pop into my mind. I was beginning to feel like I was missing home. I was really loosing focus of the work and I didn't like it. It didn't feel right. I didn't feel like a good missionary and definitely didn't feel worthy of the miracle that we were asking for; the miracle of finding Rosie. I knew I didn't have the right mindset to find her, but at that thought, I felt like someone was talking to my heart and mind. I have had this feeling come to me before and it often feels as if I am giving advice to myself but I know it is not me. I think it was one of my ancestors cheering me on, or possibly the Holy Ghost telling me not to give up. With those thoughts in my soul I somehow gained courage to carry on. I still felt like digging my heals into the pavement and staying put until my desires shifted, however I put one foot in front of the other and moved forward.
As we got to Burnside, we stepped to the side of the street to say a prayer to know which part of the street we should start tracking on since it was a main street we had no idea where to begin. We had continued onward and changed our minds about 3 different times but then we made our decision. I saw a vase of flowers in the window with a beautiful yellow accent paper around the flowers. When I saw them I thought, "I could definitely see Rosie living here." After our second knock on the door, a woman opened the door, and guess who it was. ROSIE!!! Of course it was her. It was what he had promised with the Lord. I just couldn't believe it was the very first door we knocked on. She even said she wants to meet again. YAY! I felt so great. Satan knew this miracle was going to happen and wanted to make me doubt myself and give up. He wanted me to loose track of my focus. He nearly did. As I forgot myself though and pushed onward, despite not wanting to, Heavenly Father won. He always does if we do what is right and follow the spirit despite our natural tendencies to doubt ourselves and give up. I needed to have this experience. It taught me so much, I will never forget that day.

No comments:
Post a Comment