Monday, December 12, 2011

Daft Americans!




Hey Dad!
Yes I feel your prayers. :) Thank you. I am loving being on a mission! It took some getting used to but it truly is great. I have been learning a lot by experience and scripture study. I love you dad and can't wait to talk to you around Christmas. Something that I have noticed is that member involvement is so important in missionary work. I know in Utah it is a little different. I don’t even know if there are missionaries in our ward or stake but if you can try to help them a little. Referrals are great and even if you invite a non-member or less active to an activity that is a great way to do missionary work. Christmas time is a great way to do this since there are so many activities. I still remember having the missionaries over for dinner as a little girl. It made me really want to be like them and serve a mission myself. If Cassie could see and experience that, that would be amazing, not that she would want to serve a mission just because of that, but it still would be cool. I love you very very much. Thank you for being such a wonderful father to me.
-Love your dear old daughter, Alyssa Ann Longmore

Mom –
Thank you so much for sharing what my great little sister did! I love her so much and I may or may not have shed a tear when I read what she did. I love you all so much. Something that has been said in my patriarchal blessing is that I have been blessed with an abundance of talents and am expected to use them to bless the lives around me. I never really knew what my talents were. I really am not the master of any trait and therefore it was hard to see what I was supposed bless others with. The following is a page from my journal...
"Sundays are by far my favorite day of the week so far on my mission. It is the day where I get to soak up the spirit and learn from others for a change. It is a great feeling when our investigators, recent converts, and less active friends come to church and we get the chance to do some networking. I love talking to people and letting them know that we care about them. I have always loved speaking with people that look a little down trodden, sad, or lonely. I feel like I have a gift of knowing people’s feelings even before they say how they are feeling. (Even if you are continents away ) I also think I am good at expressing my love and care for others and cheering people up."
Did i tell you that when i was in the MTC sister chambers and I did a duet in a ward in Chorely in sacrament meeting. BAH HA it was not the best but I really wasn't nervous for it. wierd.
I love you and am glad that you are taking steps to slowing down. Please just remember what is most important in life. oh and yes I do get to talk to you on Christmas and you would be crazy to think that i wouldn't want to. I have been so looking forward to this time. We actually can skype if you want. -Love alyssa ann longmore(sister that is)

Hey Taylor.
.. SO i get to e-mailing about at 11:30ish (england time)
I have a funny story. One day we went out to do some finding. which just means we go around on the street talking to everyone. We were talking with this one girl and she was great. She seemed really genuine. It started to rain so I got out my umbrella so we could continue our conversation and right as i opened it a huge gust of wind came and blew my umbrella way down the street. Lol. it just kept flying farther and farther. The best part was that no one was on the street until right before that happened. A nice man ran after my umbrella for me though. It was kinda embarrassing, but it gave us something to talk about. I bet they were thinking, "Oh this daft(which is an English word for stupid) American, doesn't even know how to use an umbrella." imagine that being said in an english accent. Well I really love it here. I have noticed that people are surpassingly really nice. They are much more sarcastic and private which at first glance might make them seem rude but in actuality they are great people. The accents are funny and i fell i am not picking up anything:( but maybe that is for the better. The Liverpool accent is crazy! Love you. I cant wait to talk around Christmas.
Love Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment