Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!





From: "Alyssa Longmore"
Date: Jan 30, 2012 5:25 AM
To: "Dave Longmore"

Oh dad you are wonderful. :) Yes the baptism went great and we have
two more of our investigators being baptized this coming Saturday.
Liverpool is a quite a fruitful area. We are so blessed. I have really
enjoyed working with the many many chinese students. We actually had a
huge Chinese activity on Saturday to celebrate Chinese New Year. It
was so amazing. The mission ordered a coach bus and we had chinese
recent converts, investigators, and potential investigators come from
Liverpool, Manchester and Chorely. We went to the Stake Center by the
Preston temple. There were about 80people in attendance. We had food
prepared by the couple missionaries, which sadly ran out by the time
we missionaries were to serve ourselves, however, that was ok because
we were well fed by the spirit that day.

We then had a mini olympic games in honor of the coming olympics. It
was so fun! There was then a spiritual message, after which we went
and walked around the temple. It was so neat to see so many people
gather around in awe of the house of the Lord. The activity lasted
from 12:00-5:00. It was a huge success. We were able to set up 4 new
appointments with people that hopefully will become investigators all
because they came to this activity and enjoyed themselves. Another
really neat thing was that President Preston asked if I would write up
an article about the activity so he could submit it to the ensign and
he has some connections to make sure it gets in. It most likely will
be a little insert that they put in all of the ones that are
distributed to members in Europe, but I will send you a copy.

I love you so much and am glad that the missionaries are getting the
ward involved in the work. I know we could not do what we do with out
the help of ward members.

I love and pray for you daily as well:)
Lyssa Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment