Friday, January 6, 2012

Service


From:Alyssa Longmore
December 27th
I was glad I was able to see you on skype:) My Christmas was amazing. I felt the love of Christ more than ever and that is really what Christmas is all about. The mission is going great. We hopefully will have a few baptisms in January so that is very exciting. We are teaching many people and I feel we are making a big impact in the Liverpool area. We just had our transfer calls a few days ago and both my companion and I are staying in Liverpool. I know the Lord has great plans in store for the Chinese people. We are teaching so many of them and they have great faith. It is amazing because they come from a country that teaches them to not have a belief in God. I am really starting to feel like I am just an instrument in helping Him accomplish His work. I feel the spirit is starting to work through me. I am learning so much out her. I love it! I love you!
-Love Sister Alyssa Ann

A note from the mother of a missionary(me): The only time I cry for Alyssa is when she writes. I am so grateful that she is having this experience and that she is loving her mission and especially the Savior--more than ever before. I can tell in her words she wants so badly to help others find the joy that she has found through the gospel. A big part of this joy comes through families sharing their love for the Savior and their desire to choose the right. Thank you everyone for the example you have set for my kids. It has not gone unnoticed.
The woman Alyssa mentions (Christine Jones) is from Draper and was visiting Liverpool for a while. We look forward to meeting her.
Thanks-Melanie
From: Alyssa Longmore
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 5:44 AM
That makes me so happy that you met with the missionaries. And yes I got your letter and I must have looked sad when we skyped because I am always so tired but don't worry mom, I am happier than ever! I am loving it here! Missionary work is great.
I am so happy for Chelsea. Yay finally! lol So are you enjoying the time with dad. You probably will be going to Idaho today. That is fantastic.... Oh I have a question for you. I shared a story a while ago, I think it was the first year I was in college it was called "The Birdies, or Little Birdies or Free the Birdies" something like that. I think I have it saved on one of the many computers but will you try to see if we have it. If it is not there will you try to find it on google. It is a story of how a little boy was crushed by the garage door and he was visited by angels, "the birdies" and he said he flew with the angels to all different beautiful temples and he said there were so many birdies in the temple and some where locked in cages. The birdies that were with him said that he needed to live so he could come to the temple to free the birdies..... It was just an amazing story but a member we really need to win over wants that story and I told her I would ask you if you could find it. If it is too hard to find though don't worry about it.
I love you so much mom and I hope you have been able to get in contact with Christine Jones. If you do, please do something for her. She took care of Sister Chuo and I and fed us and she is a truly amazing woman. She probably will tell you about her stay here in England but she was working so hard everyday to help her sisters. One of her sisters is very overweight and sick with many illnesses and the other is extremely depressed. They both are chain smokers and there house is being destroyed by their smoking and lack of cleaning it. So Christine spent everyday while being here looking after her sisters and fixing up the home. We had a missionary service project where we fixed their front and back yard. We wanted to cook a meal for Christine but she had already started making it and fed us instead. She is a really Christlike women. She is even dropping off a bag I sent back with her to you. It has some shoes in it that I don't need and some candies and little notes. I hope you get them.
Well, mom, you are amazing I love you so much. Please write me. Even though I am miles away please know I am there for you. Remember DONT LET SATAN WIN! I love you! The church is true.
-Alyssa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment