I am doing well. We have had a few nice days of sunny weather lately. It has made us so cheerful. We have been able to find a prime area to meet people and talk about the gospel. It is called Birkenhead Park. It is massive. There were some people doing service there and we asked if anyone could help so it looks like we might start doing that every wednesday for about 2 hours. I can't wait. I love being outdoors. It is just so beautiful.
We have a lot of work to do in the area that I am in now. I was able to show a woman on the train my family history chart that you made for me. She was into family history and was so impressed. She is going to check out family search. A lot of our ancesstors were from Lancashire which I guess is the county I am in. That is what the woman said. I have had some really great learning moment since being here and white-washing. Something that my patriarcal blessing says is that "as I humble myself, I will feel the promptings of the spirit guiding and directing me in the educational and professional goals I desire." it goes something like that. Well mom, let me tell you I have had SOOO many times since being in this area that I have had to be humble. I am having to lean on the Lord in all that I do. I am realizing that with out him I am nothing. I thought I already knew these things but it hasn't been since I have been serving in Birkenhead that I am truly understanding this.... I have felt though, I know what I want to do.... I think I might have told you about a little girl in our ward named Reyes, the girl with autism. Well, we went to visit her family this last week and her mom brought up how she came and sat by me at church the previous week. She shared how, she has never done that before, and how amazing it was. Reyes even gave me a hug at the end of the lesson.........It was so awesome!
Oh the spirit is so amazing. I am having so many neat experiences mom! This is the best thing I could have done! I am so happy I came on a mission. I feel I am becoming the person the Lord would have me be. I Love you sooooooooooooooooo much!
-Love your Lyssa Lou
No comments:
Post a Comment