I had to take a 3 and a half hour ferry ride to get over to the Isle of man and it is absolutely beautiful. We aren't alowed to prostilite on the boat so we take advantage of that time to read and sleep. We also can't use that time planning because the island is fairly small, so most likely someone on the boat would know who we were talking about. It is different. We have to go back to the mainland on Wednesday for a zone conference. People here hate that we have to leave the island for conferences and things. They don't like us leaving. We are really a support to the ward here. There are about 85,000 people on the island. It takes about and hour and a half to drive from one side of the island to the other. It is so beautiful. I live on the beach. We went running this morning out by the beach. The sun was rising and i was taking deep breaths of the warm spring breeze. It was absolutely invigorating. We ran over to a historical land mark of a place that they used to hold town hangings at, eeks kinda scary. I will take some pictures of it and send them to you. It is just and old brick wall but it dates back to like the 1600's (i think) I will have to read the plaque again. :) It is a driving area so that is nice. My companion is the designated driver. We had some really cool experiences so far. The other day we were in Manchester just before we were going to come to the island and Sister Doherty found a 20 pence coin. (Which is like our quarter) she said, "Find a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck." We then went to go to the bathroom and it required us to pay 20 pence. Right after we were done and were washing our hands a woman just stared at our badges and said "Jesus Christ? I've been looking for a religion, I just don't know which one to join." How crazy is that. We set up an apointment for the sisters in that area to meet with her. What a miracle!! Miracles happen all the time. What I have been trying to do is recognize a miracle that happens every day. It has been a real eye opener for me. Well I love you and hope that your week goes well. Last night we were out tracting and we knocked on a home and to our happy surprise it was Sister Christian’s home, an active member in the Douglas ward. We had an unanticipated lesson with her, which she was so grateful for. We were able to ask her if she would like us to visit or teach any of her neighbours. She happily referred us to Paula Sainsburry, who lives just two doors down. She informed us that this woman used to be a member but hasn’t attended church in 20 years or so. She thought she might have been excommunicated or asked to have her name removed from the records. Sister Christian did warn us that she rarely answers her door, but thought it would be good if we gave it a try. We knocked by and Paula answered. What a miracle! She said that about a week previous she had been praying long and hard to Heavenly Father because she was going through a hard time and then there we were knocking at her door. How amazing! Had we not randomly visited Sister Christian we might have missed finding one of the Lords lost sheep. There is a quote on our fidge here that I love. It says, "Don't let your accomplishments go to your head, or your failures go to your heart." I love you! -Love your sister missionary
Sister Longmore is serving a LDS Mission in Manchester England. She entered the Preston England MTC on October 27, 2011 and will come home to Utah in April 2013
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Isle of Man--Transfer #2--Sister Doherty from Australia
I had to take a 3 and a half hour ferry ride to get over to the Isle of man and it is absolutely beautiful. We aren't alowed to prostilite on the boat so we take advantage of that time to read and sleep. We also can't use that time planning because the island is fairly small, so most likely someone on the boat would know who we were talking about. It is different. We have to go back to the mainland on Wednesday for a zone conference. People here hate that we have to leave the island for conferences and things. They don't like us leaving. We are really a support to the ward here. There are about 85,000 people on the island. It takes about and hour and a half to drive from one side of the island to the other. It is so beautiful. I live on the beach. We went running this morning out by the beach. The sun was rising and i was taking deep breaths of the warm spring breeze. It was absolutely invigorating. We ran over to a historical land mark of a place that they used to hold town hangings at, eeks kinda scary. I will take some pictures of it and send them to you. It is just and old brick wall but it dates back to like the 1600's (i think) I will have to read the plaque again. :) It is a driving area so that is nice. My companion is the designated driver. We had some really cool experiences so far. The other day we were in Manchester just before we were going to come to the island and Sister Doherty found a 20 pence coin. (Which is like our quarter) she said, "Find a penny pick it up all day long you'll have good luck." We then went to go to the bathroom and it required us to pay 20 pence. Right after we were done and were washing our hands a woman just stared at our badges and said "Jesus Christ? I've been looking for a religion, I just don't know which one to join." How crazy is that. We set up an apointment for the sisters in that area to meet with her. What a miracle!! Miracles happen all the time. What I have been trying to do is recognize a miracle that happens every day. It has been a real eye opener for me. Well I love you and hope that your week goes well. Last night we were out tracting and we knocked on a home and to our happy surprise it was Sister Christian’s home, an active member in the Douglas ward. We had an unanticipated lesson with her, which she was so grateful for. We were able to ask her if she would like us to visit or teach any of her neighbours. She happily referred us to Paula Sainsburry, who lives just two doors down. She informed us that this woman used to be a member but hasn’t attended church in 20 years or so. She thought she might have been excommunicated or asked to have her name removed from the records. Sister Christian did warn us that she rarely answers her door, but thought it would be good if we gave it a try. We knocked by and Paula answered. What a miracle! She said that about a week previous she had been praying long and hard to Heavenly Father because she was going through a hard time and then there we were knocking at her door. How amazing! Had we not randomly visited Sister Christian we might have missed finding one of the Lords lost sheep. There is a quote on our fidge here that I love. It says, "Don't let your accomplishments go to your head, or your failures go to your heart." I love you! -Love your sister missionary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I LOVE reading Lyssa's experiences. I was brought to tears by the last one. I know miracles happen and I am so blessed. I am going to take her habit and start noticing a miracle that happens every day. Even if it is something as simple as the fact that I didn't die that day :) Love you.
ReplyDelete