(THIS IS A BLIP FROM ALYSSA'S REPLY TO CASSIE'S QUERY ABOUT ANY COOL EXPERIENCES SHE MIGHT HAVE HAD)
As for any cool stories I have one that could have been really cool but now it is just kind of cool.... Last week after e-mailing we were walking to our flat and I saw a man that looked so much like Brad Pitt but I didn't think anything of it. All I thought was wow that is a good looking man, haha. But then yesterday one of our investigators told us that Brad Pitt was in the Lake District this last week. I think I saw Brad Pitt. See not that cool, but if I would have stopped him and tried to share the gospel with him, now that would have been cool. Well I love you Cassie.
Love Alyssa
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Alyssa Longmore <alyssa.longmore@myldsmail.net>
To: Melanie Longmore <mel_longmore@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 6:03 AM
Subject: letter to the president
From: Alyssa Longmore <alyssa.longmore@myldsmail.net>
To: Melanie Longmore <mel_longmore@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 6:03 AM
Subject: letter to the president
Dear President Preston,
Something great must be just around the corner for the Kendal Branch because there is so much opposition with getting our investigators to church. Let me tell you it is frustrating. We are trying everything we can to teach our investigators the importance of sacrament attendance, inviting everyone, praying for them, getting them lifts and even walking with them if necessary. It was really hard for me yesterday when, for the second time, our investigator, Ian, said he would come to church and even confirmed it Sunday morning but then didn't show up. It was devastating! I will admit I even teared up a little bit because I prayed with all my might for our investigators to wake up with the prompting to come to church, and I believe that the Lord provided that, but that means that our investigators simply chose not to come. Agency! It is wonderful! There must be some concern that we are not digging up. Do you have any suggestions to help our investigators come to church?
We did have some great things happen though this week. We have 4 new investigators who are wonderful. Their names are;
Nicola: The mother of 2 young children whom we are teaching. She is going through a divorce and wants to find peace.
Mr. Dixon: An older man that recently lost his wife to cancer and upon our first meeting he didn't believe in God, but since seeing us he's prayed and now feels that God is there.
Michael: A man from Ghana that we had a lesson on the bus with. Upon hearing there is a prophet on the earth today, he said he wants to shake his hand.
Dani: A Methodist woman that thinks of Mormons as the happiest people.
I really enjoy being a missionary where I am able to help point people in the path of true happiness. I love the Lord with all my heart and am so grateful for the ups and downs life has given me that have allowed me to learn to trust in my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I am especially grateful for my parents for teaching me to walk in the light.
Love Sister Alyssa LongmoreSomething great must be just around the corner for the Kendal Branch because there is so much opposition with getting our investigators to church. Let me tell you it is frustrating. We are trying everything we can to teach our investigators the importance of sacrament attendance, inviting everyone, praying for them, getting them lifts and even walking with them if necessary. It was really hard for me yesterday when, for the second time, our investigator, Ian, said he would come to church and even confirmed it Sunday morning but then didn't show up. It was devastating! I will admit I even teared up a little bit because I prayed with all my might for our investigators to wake up with the prompting to come to church, and I believe that the Lord provided that, but that means that our investigators simply chose not to come. Agency! It is wonderful! There must be some concern that we are not digging up. Do you have any suggestions to help our investigators come to church?
We did have some great things happen though this week. We have 4 new investigators who are wonderful. Their names are;
Nicola: The mother of 2 young children whom we are teaching. She is going through a divorce and wants to find peace.
Mr. Dixon: An older man that recently lost his wife to cancer and upon our first meeting he didn't believe in God, but since seeing us he's prayed and now feels that God is there.
Michael: A man from Ghana that we had a lesson on the bus with. Upon hearing there is a prophet on the earth today, he said he wants to shake his hand.
Dani: A Methodist woman that thinks of Mormons as the happiest people.
I really enjoy being a missionary where I am able to help point people in the path of true happiness. I love the Lord with all my heart and am so grateful for the ups and downs life has given me that have allowed me to learn to trust in my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I am especially grateful for my parents for teaching me to walk in the light.
No comments:
Post a Comment