Sister Longmore is serving a LDS Mission in Manchester England. She entered the Preston England MTC on October 27, 2011 and will come home to Utah in April 2013
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Mt Snowdon, Wales
Alyssa has not given us many details about her hike to Mt Snowdon other than it was rainy but wonderful, so I will post her companion-Sister Crookston's letter to provide some details about this adventure & other details of their mission life.
I love mission life. :) I'm getting more used to the schedule and sleeping better. It's definitely true that the highs are higher and the lows lower than normal life. THe food is great. Pretty normal, we cook for ourselves a lot except when the members have us over about twice a week. THey almost always feed us some variation of potatoes, beef, and vegatbles. Very typically british. :) THey also love custard. tHey pour it over cakes, and crumbels etc. There's a catsle on a hill overlooking Kendal and we vistited it about 3 weeks ago. I'll try sending some pictures.
This week has been ABSOLUTELY crazy! In a good way. :) Just very different from normal. Tuesday evening we took a train down to Liverpool and stayed with the 4 sisters there at their flat. That was quite like a sleepover. :) We did this because the next morning we had to meet other missionaries at a park to get on a coach at 6:45. (We would've had to leave Kendal at like 4 in the morning!) THis is because we had a mission activity of going down to northern Wales and hiking Mt. Snowdon. Half the mission did it the day before and the other half the day we went. It was in connection wiht our temple trip the week before to recommit ourselves to the mission and the Lord. Itstarted outcloudy but not raining and not to steep. But soon that all changed. It started raining and then pouring! And the wind picked up, in parts getting up to 70 miles per hour! Near the top the trail got very steep and close to the edge. I felt like I was going to be blown off the edge of the mountian! I was pretty scared because my fear of hieghts was kicking in. (Don't worry though we were perfectly safe). When we got to the top I felt very happy and such a sense of accomplishment. I had done it!!! Climedto the top of a mountian in wales in ridicouls weather conditions!We went down anotherwaythat was not that steep at all. ANd it even stopped raining. I know I could not have done this without the Lords help. I learned so much from this expeirence and feel it it very similar to life. We may bee misrable but if we trust in the Lord, rely on Him, and just keep moving forward eventually it will all come right. :) I will never forget this experince.
Hiking MT. Snowdon took basically the whole day so we stayed the night and the next day to do our weekly planning. THen we went to Manchester and met the Sisters who are working in Oldaham (in greater manchester) because we were going on an exchange. :) I stayed in Oldaham with SIster Doherty and Sister Longmore went back up to Kendal with sister Telifoni. It was a great exchange. It was interesting trying to learn how to work with another missionary all of a sudden. ;) SIster Doherty is great! She's from AUstralia and grew up catholic. She has such a strong testimony. I learned a lot, and we did a lot of bus contacting which we don't do in Kendal because we walk everywhere. I spent THursday evening, Friday, and Saturday morning in Oldham. and then we spent Saturday morning/afternoon in Manchester street contacting till Sister Longmore and Telifoni came and we exchanged back.
It was so good to be back in Kendal! It felt like forever since I've been here. And it was great to be with Sister Longmore again to. To answer Dad's question in his written letter, yes I do still LOVE my companion!. :) (BTW it's her birthday on the 29th of august, so if you send me a letter this week write her a note too please. :) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment