Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Still Small Voice

I am so glad that you had a good activity full of revelation it sounds like. We had ward conference yesterday and it was incredible. The stake presidetn is truly inspired as Iam sure president Morgan is too. Here President Ireland talked about the spirit and how when we recieve spiritual promptings and acton them immediately the Lord will trust us more and we will recieve more spiritual promptings andmore and more. And the opposite is also true. President Monson is a great example of this. He recieves many promptings then never hesitates to go and do. Durring this combined priesthood and relief society lesson I recieved a prompting to go and visit a less active woman. She had only joined the chrch 1 year ago. She lived at an appartment complex that you have to ring a buzer first before you can get let in. These are really hard because people can more easily just hang up on you and not let you with out feeling too bad about it verses having to physically answer the door and then shut it in your face. That is a little bit more difficult on peoples conscience, yet some how it still happens. Well I had a prompting to go and stop by this girl and as we did the door into the complex was left open by someone so we were able to get in and knock on this girls door. As we did she started off all cold saying, "how did you get in here. I had concerns that never were answered and I took that as my answer. blah blah blah." We told her honestly that the door was left open and we were just new and wanted to get to know here. We showed gratitude for her and her kindness in talking with us she softened. I complimented her on this really great lego heart neclace she was wearing and she started to open up. She even started laughing with us. It was amazing. She then realized what had happened and all the sudden got all cold again. It was absolutely a front. She then said I'm not interested and shut the door. We then slipped a nice note under the door thanking her for talking with us and complimented her on her smile, because it truly was beautiful and we left our number. The spirit is an amazing thing. It is something we have with us as we are obedient and it truly changes hearts. I am so happy we went to see this girl. Heavenly Father guided us right to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment