Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2 Companions & 2 Baptisms




March 27th
This last week has been the week of miracles. The icing on the cake was the baptism of Masoud and Habib. They both are from Iran and have lived here about 5 months. We met their friend on the street who said he was from Iran but was Christian and looking for a church. He didn't have too much time so we exchanged numbers and left him with a pass along card. Masoud and Habib came to church the following Sunday with the pass-a-long card with my hand writing on it. I was confused at first because I couldn't remember meeting them but then they explained how their friend had given it to them. A belief that there is a prophet on the earth today sparked an interest for them to learn more. We met with them about 3 times per week, each time with a member of the church. Because of this and their dedication to do what is right they progressed quickly and were excited to share the gospel and the news of living prophet with their friends. They were baptized on Saturday and were confirmed on Sunday, just one month from the day we met them. WOW!!!!! I am amazed. After church on Sunday we were able to witness them recieving the priesthood. After Masoud, recieved the Aaronic Priesthood, under the direction of Bishop Cook, he confired the same priesthood to Habib. He said the first bit in English to make sure he got the wording right but then he said the second part, the blessing, in Farsi. What was incredible was the ordinence took place in the high council room directly in front of the picture of the Savior ordaining the apostles. Wow! The spirit was so intense. I couldn't stop smiling. In addition to this excitement they were both called to be ward missionaries. We just had a lesson yesterday where they introduced 2 of their Iranian friends to us and one of them is a new investigator. Also another one of their friends came to their baptism. I love this work so so much. I know that it is by God's hand that it moves forward.

By the way today is transfers but I am staying in Ashton with Sister Dunn and Sister Alston for one more transfer. Yay! I like it here. This will be my last area. I can not even believe how quickly my mission has come and gone. I am just trying to work my absolute hardest. I told my companions I don't want to just fizzle out but rather I want to go out with a BANG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment