Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PRAYER


Dear President Preston,

Wow, missionary work is great isn't it? I am learning so much about myself, especially as I have been able to serve around Sister Dunn and Sister Alston. Sister Dunn is very quirky and able to reach into the hearts of the Ashton people in a way that no one else can. She has a very strong testimony and isn't afraid to show it. As for her confidence in the area book and in planning, well, it is improving. I have been able to slow down and go through things more thoroughly with her. It makes me so happy to see both her and Sister Alston starting to grasp things that they find to be difficult. I have also done this with Sister Alston but more so with finding. She has found it very difficult to street contact, but she is starting to get it. This may sound weird, but, I really look forward to the day where I one day have actual children of my own, not missionary children, ha-ha, and get to help them in their progression in life. It is a very visible way to see the hand of the Lord.

As I have studied further into humility and virtue, the attributes I want to work on this year, I have discovered that they, and really all of the Christ-like attributes, can be developed by doing the simple things in the gospel. We must study the scriptures and pray earnestly if we want to change, develop, or become anything. This is one of the best ways to learn more of Christ, to come to know Him better, and to rely on the grace of God to help you become like Him. Whatever we focus on, that will end up happening to us. We see this even in different aspects of missionary work. If we focus on finding families, we will find families. If we focus on lifting members, we will be able to lift members. This flows naturally, as we involve the Lord in everything that we do constant communication with Him through prayer. Sister Dunn asked me this week what has helped me the most through out my mission to help me get to the 17-month mark. I told her that it was PRAYER! I have learned so much about prayer since being out, but the greatest thing I have learned about it is that I can do nothing with out it.

Our finding day was great! We saw many miracles as we involved the members. We went out finding with Cerise Brooks, Naomi Fletcher, and also with Lauren Hopwood.

I hope you and Sister Preston are doing all right. I appreciate what you both do for us. You have a long few weeks ahead of you with interviews coming up. Take deep breaths it will all be over soon. We do benefit from them though so thank you for doing them. I hope your Easter was fabulous. Have a happy General Conference.

-Love Sister Longmore

No comments:

Post a Comment