Hey Moma. Guess what... So we were invited by one of the members to come to a Family history activity that the branch does every fourt-night (which means every 2 weeks or ever 14 days) they use that term a lot here. Well when we went there were only 4 members which suprized me but I guess out of a branch of 20 what can you expect. I was able to pull out my little cards of family history though that you and grandma made and show them. We were looking at all the places in England and they were telling me a little about them. Then we got to Jane Nelson that is from Moreland, Westmoreland.... You will never believe this but the area I am serving in now used to be westmoreland. They were trying to explain to me how the name was changed some time ago, but I never would have known that had I not shown them the ancester things you made for me. It is so cool that I am serving right where one of my ancesters might have walked... You can still see some evidence that this used to be called westmoreland because there are a few old shops that are called Westmoreland Tyres (that is how they spell tires here) and a few other shops as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment