Dear President Preston,
The computer was just shut down so I lost the entire letter that I just wrote to you, so sorry if this one is short.
All in all this was another amazing week. I now know firsthand that the Lake District is the wettest part of England. That is ok though because the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings enough light to brighten even the darkest, most wet day.
We were able to meet an amazing man on Thursday named Roger. He asked strait off where our church was and asked if he could come on Sunday. We told him about stake conference and he thought that was a wonderful idea. He shared with us that he believes in God and wants to live a good honest life but doesn’t have a church that he goes to because although all of them have parts of the truth but they also have many things that have seem to have gone a bit amiss. He then decided to give us his number before we even asked for it. This honestly seemed too good to be true. It felt as if Roger fell from heaven and landed right in front of us with all the right answers. We were then able to set up an appointment with him and left feeling great.
On Saturday we received a phone call from Roger saying he wasn’t able to make it to church on Sunday but has been thinking a lot about our encounter on Thursday. He said, what we shared had been on his mind the past couple of days and he felt it was so strange that he gave out his personal information to two complete strangers. He said that is completely not like him. He was a little hesitant to still meet with us but decided that he would make his decision to continue meeting after having the first lesson.
Wow! Roger was so prepared by the Lord. I am so looking forward to meeting with him and helping him in the process of recognizing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints as the true church. I do feel a little nervous though because I want to say exactly the right thing but I know that as long as I have the spirit with me, it will not matter what I say because the Lord will fill my mouth with the words I need to say and the words Roger needs to hear.
I absolutely loved Stake Conference. We were able to bring one of our investigators, Sherralyn. She also really enjoyed it. She definitely felt the spirit, as did I. I know that the church is true and Love the gospel with all my heart.
We look forward to letting you know how it goes as we do some work in the Leeds MissionJ.
-Love Sister Alyssa Longmore ...............


No comments:
Post a Comment